Sunday 18 May 2014

Bike Miles: 9,202

To be a modern Renaissance Troll, it is important to mix physical accomplishments with the mental and artistic ones. I must admit, over the years, this has not been my strong point. Since it looks unlikely that I will play softball this year due to time commitments, this puts a lot of pressure on my one other athletic pursuit of cycling.

This time last year, I was tallying up over fifty miles as week on my commute to and from work. However, a bad winter, a broken wrist, and an office move a mile farther away at the top of an agonisingly steep hill has dropped that average considerably. At present, I’m averaging two days of cycling to work a week (which is 30 miles), but even that has proved tough on my psyche. That last mile of climb up to my office is so dang hard, it really takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Still, with spring truly descended upon England, I am feeling the itch to get up on my bike more often. I am still hopeful to hit my long-term goal of 10,000 miles by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment